Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Greatest Lesson I've Ever Learned


Edited by Dr. Bright, this book is a compilation of 50 of North America's most famous Christian men (there a women's version too, and a combined version).
The best part about this book is the variety of authors, all giving their honest stories. Many focused on tough issues like faith, evangelism, and suffering. Bright just told one of his transferable concepts... a man of a few profound lessons (How to Love by Faith).
This book has some real gold, mainly from people you haven't heard of. Some of the big names didn't ring with me so much, but people I haven't heard of had some great stuff. One guy in particular hit me, I don't remember his name, but he was in charge of something for Cru. He had this giant hotel problem for a conference... times a weekly meeting booking problem by 10 000. And in the end, God came through, and he got this verse "He who called you is faithful, he will surely do it" 1 Thess 5:24. I'm gonna keep that verse for me.

People should read this book because it tells how people dealt with their problems. They model by life, the best way to learn. It can be a little boring sometimes, whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home